Argument Papers - Some Guidelines To FollowGood argument papers are those that succeed in changing the mind of the reader and convince them about the contrary of the viewpoint you have been putting forward. It is not necessary that good argument papers should include the introduction, footnotes, conclusion. In fact the present article is going to provide some important tips that will help you come up with a very clear argument and will convince your reader of your point of view.
- Beginning the paper with a conclusion or a preface is a good idea but do not overdo it. The purpose of an argument paper is to persuade your reader about your side of the case and when you talk about the opposing side you are only stating what your opponents are doing. In order to change the mindset of the reader then you should be able to inform him about what you have tried to convince him with and explain your views in a very straightforward manner. The purpose of the article is to bring about some change in the mind of the reader. The introduction should serve as a bridge between the subject matter of the paper and the reader so that they can reach a decision at the end of the discussion.
- Do not make use of footnotes in the argument paper. Footnotes are not necessary. In fact footnotes only serve as extra proof for your argument.
- Do not make use of a summary paragraph in your argument paper. It is a fact that most readers will have already read the main points. They will find nothing more significant in a summary paragraph.
- When you have discussed the key factors and the thesis of the article then you can start writing the conclusion of the argument paper. Make sure that it is very brief. A conclusion written in a long and drawn out manner is bound to lose your readers at the end of the discussion.
- Making the essayconcise is easy. The most difficult part is coming up with ideas on the points you have discussed. If you can find good ideas, try to bring them in the body of the paper.
- Writing in a direct and uncomplicated manner is a skill that needs to be developed over time. Your subject matter should be clear, the language should be clear and be able to answer the question.
These tips are only guidelines and you can certainly develop your own way of writing a very clear argument paper. Some experts believe that writing a debate paper can be intimidating. However, if you stick to the basic guidelines given above, your paper will definitely be a success.